"What's autism-friendly is human-friendly. Humans are a diverse bunch of beings." C. Faherty
BRAND NEW PRESENTATION/INSERVICE: For Teachers, Administrators, Psychologists, Therapists, Counselors, Hospice Staff, CLICK HERE.
REVISED AND EXPANDED 2ND EDITION: Read more
Click here to locate translations of Catherine's books in Greek, Spanish, Danish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, German, and Finnish.
You can find the following information on this website by clicking the links.
- For information on what Catherine offers school systems, classrooms, teachers, therapists, families, children, and adults, go to Services. For her current speaking schedule, go to Catherine's Speaking Schedule.
- For information about user-friendly books and their translations in nine languages, and to download articles full of practical, useful information by Catherine Faherty, go to Publications.
- For Catherine's personal perspective on autism, go to My point of view.
There are many different ways of being in the world. Autism is a way of thinking and being.
- For Catherine's biography and professional references, go to About Catherine and References, respectively.
- To communicate, or to inquire about scheduling with Catherine, go to Contact.
TERMINOLOGY: Throughout these pages, you will read terms such as autistic adults, children with ASD, etc. For a clear and concise explanation about terminology, I refer you to Jim Sinclair's excellent essay titled Why I dislike person-first language. For a longer discussion with related links, also read Lydia Brown's essay on identity-first language and person-first language on the ASAN (Autistic Self Advocacy Network) website. (Photo of Lydia Brown.)
To inquire about Catherine Faherty's services, firstname.lastname@example.org.